Career paths in Industry, National Labs, and Academia Webinar
The BES-ECN webinar on Career paths in Industry, National Labs, and Academia will be on Friday, January 17, 1:00-2:00 pm EST (10:00-11:00 PST) via Zoom (link is at the end of this post). This webinar is open to the public, so please feel free to share with your co-workers in your institute.
This webinar will consist of four short, 5-minute introduction talks followed by 40 mins of questions and discussions. The purpose of the webinar is to introduce early career people about possible future directions and the way to proceed. These talks will be based on three different perspectives and disciplines: industry, national lab, and academia.
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Molly Koehle (ExxonMobil), Dr. Hannah Murnen (Compact Membrane Systems Inc), Dr. Aiping Chen (Los Alamos National Laboratory) and Prof. Will Tisdale (MIT) as our presenters:
- Dr. Molly Koehle is a senior researcher in catalyst development at ExxonMobil research and engineering.
- Dr. Hannah Murnen is a chief technology officer (CTO) at Compact Membrane System Inc. She and her team focus on how they can develop their membranes in the ways that matter most to the market. She thrives on translating technical concepts and developments into tangible decisions about how to run their business. Dr. Murnen has created a couple of small companies through her experience in industry with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Dr. Aiping Chen is a scientist in the Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) at Los Alamos National Laboratory. His research is about design, growth, and characterization of oxide nanocomposites, heterostructures, multilayers, superlattices, and electronic devices. He focuses on the property-structure correlation in oxide nanostructures.
- Prof. Will Tisdale is an associate professor of Chemical Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). His research interests are renewable energy, nanotechnology, spectroscopy, and advanced materials.
This event is organized by the BES ECN Career Subgroup:
- Natalia Rodriguez Quiroz, CCEI EFRC (leader), University of Delaware
- Na Hyun Jo, CATS EFRC, Ames Laboratory
- Zhe Fan, EDDE EFRC, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Bo Peng, SPEC CCS, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Links to webinar:
Date: January 17 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm Eastern
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://science.zoom.us/j/400919892
Or join by phone: +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll) or +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
Or join from a H.323/SIP room system:
H.323: 220.127.116.11 (US West) or 18.104.22.168 (US East)
Meeting ID: 400 919 892